Actemium UK have been providing engineering design, project management, installation and maintenance services in the United Kingdom since 1907.
We are now looking for an Applications Engineer, based at our Gloucester site, to be responsible for all aspects of the project from the quotation, negotiation, realisation, costs, invoicing and final acceptance. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of experience with this role.
This is an opportunity to join a fantastic close nit team, developing your career within a great working environment.
- Responsible for handling of tenders until successful receipt of orders
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects
- Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Where on site work is required, responsibility for all safety, health, environment and quality matters.
- Ability to develop solutions when dealing with customers restrictions in space / site issues
- Assumes responsibility for the project and tenders in terms of financial performance, deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
- Responsible for the management of projects under his/hers authority, covering liaising with the workshop supervisor during the day to day manufacturing of projects.
- Responsible for determining the projected cost estimates at the end of business deals for which, he is responsible and gives reports to the Senior Applications Engineer/BU Manager.
- Organises bid and contract reviews and monitors changes in the contract.
- Verifies & validates sales orders before acknowledging receipts.
- Ensures the Quarterly Account Closing (EV) of his/hers projects is properly carried out.
- Manages the procurement and purchases for his/hers project.
- Establishes and counter signs purchase requests (PR).
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the project.
- Ensures that customer complaints are recorded and corrective action taken.
- Ensuring that corrective action is taken for all non-conformities.
- Maintaining contract document control.
- Proactively deliver a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers
- Actively seek out, drive and promote service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Continually review suppliers performance and share information
- Minimum of ONC/OND qualified in Electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline
Technical skills and experience
Familiar with LV Switchgear, motor control principles and control panel design.
Experience of working with and managing contracts.
Understanding of commercial issues.
Excellent communications skills, must be able to communicate with customers at all levels.
We are looking for someone who can remain calm professional under pressure, with the ability to take firm and timely decisions.
If you believe that anything is possible if you try hard enough, we would love to hear from you!
Entité de rattachement :
Connexion, performance, efficience énergétique, datas : dans un monde en évolution permanente, VINCI Energies accélère le déploiement des nouvelles technologies pour concrétiser deux mutations majeures : la transformation numérique et la transition énergétique. Ancrées dans les territoires et organisées en mode agile, les entreprises de VINCI Energies rendent les infrastructures d'énergie, de transport et de communication, les usines, les bâtiments et les systèmes d'information chaque jour plus fiables, plus sûrs, plus efficients. 2018 : 12,6 milliards d'euros (chiffre d'affaires) // 77 500 collaborateurs // 1800 entreprises // 53 pays www.vinci-energies.com