Operations Manager M/F
We are a successful civil contracting business who has been operating in Australia for over 30 years. With the agility and personal connection of a Tier 2, yet the expertise of a Tier 1, and now the enhanced resources of one of the VINCI, our employees and clients get the best of three worlds. There has never been a more exciting time to join Seymour Whyte and contribute to a successful and sustainable future.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to support our projects in Melbourne, Australia.
This is a key role within our business and is primarily responsible for planning, resourcing and overall management of the construction of projects to ensure completion in accordance with design requirements, timeframes and cost constraints to achieve objectives.
Key tasks include:
- Develop and review construction planning and monitor progress of allocated projects
- Ensuring that safety and environmental standards of construction are in conformance with Company objectives.
- Mentor, motivate and lead staff to build strong project teams.
- Monitor and liaise with Project Managers on construction progress, construction programmes and forecasts as required in line with physical and financial targets
- Liaise with the Project Manager to review/modify design in construction systems and methods necessitated by the construction programme.
- Maintain strategic role in client liaison.
- Coordinate tendering/submissions for new projects to ensure continuity of operations.
- Develop new teams and staff to facilitate growth of the area
- Research Technological Advancement in Construction and implement for operational innovations.
The experienced candidate will have skills and experience in the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience within the civil construction industry
- 5+ years’ experience at project management level within a principal contractor environment
- Experience in managing complex construction projects over $100M
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple work teams within a construction environment
- High level of commercial acumen and an ability to prepare, interpret and present financial and business reports for a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership ability, high level communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to delegate and set/articulate performance expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach
- Strong work ethics through high standards of personal and professional behaviour
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and standards, especially in safety management
- Past experience mentoring teams including implementation of succession planning.
The remuneration is indicative only and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
This is a very senior role within our business and we are seeking an experienced manager who has demonstrated ability successfully delivering Civil Engineering projects.
People join Seymour Whyte because they are looking for more from their professional growth and their personal connections. Our people mean more to us, do more with us, and have more involvement in building our world-class capability together.